Only a few days until Bikeweek 2017! I have compiled a list of the major flat track and road race events scheduled this year. There is a race somewhere sometime every day March 10 through March 19. It’s called ‘bike week’, but it is 10 days of 2-wheel competition.
- AMA National Flat Track, Oglethorpe Speedway Park in Pooler, Georgia March 10. Gates open at 13:00, racing at 18:00
- AMA All-star Flat Track at Oglethorpe Speedway March 11
- AMA Vintage Flat Track National on the half miles is also at Oglethorpe on March 11.
- Pro Supercross at the speedway March 11
- Observed Trials March 11 at Hardrock Cycle Park Ocala, FL.
- AMA All-star Flat Track in Barberville, Fl at Volusia Speedway Park is March 12. Gates open at 10:00 and races start at 14:00
- Amateur Supercross at the speedway March 12
- Flat Track & TT races at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, FL March 12 racing at 19:30
- Observed Trials March 12 at Hardrock Cycle Park, Ocala
- Half Mile vintage Flat track at Volusia Speedway Park March 13
- Amateur Supercross at the speedway again on March 13
- Flat Track & TT races at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, FL March 13 racing at 19:30
- Short Track at Volusia Speedway Park March 14.
- Flat Track & TT races at Bubba Raceway Park in Ocala, FL March 14 racing at 19:30
- American Flat Track TT INSIDE Daytona International Speedway March 16.
- Indoor Flat Track on concrete! Ocean Center, Daytona Beach March 17, afternoon/evening
- Vintage Board Track races New Smyrna Speedway, Samsula, FL. 13:00 March 17
- Daytona 200 practice sessions and time qualifying at the speedway March 17.
- Daytona 200 at the speedway March 18.
- Vintage board track races New Smyrna Speedway 16:00 March 18.
- ASRA and CCS racing at the speedway March 19.
- NHRA pro-stock motorcyce drags Gainesville, FL March 19
This certainly is not a complete list of racing and events during bikeweek 2017. It is however, a list of events that I would like to see if there were enough hours in a day and enough days in a week.
I used these sources for the dates and information included in this post:
- Roadracing World Magazine
- Southern Dirt Track Association of Florida
And here is a webpage I dearly would have appreciated many years ago; It’s a directory of Bike Week Lodging Availability sorted by minimum stay length (if any). It also lists if trailer parking is provided or not.
Keep in mind that you can tent camp inside Daytona Speedway for FREE as long as you have your paid admission. Yes, there are hot showers!